Cashing in on Author Facebook Pages
“Does Facebook sell books?” No. Authors sell books being social. Social authors with products available to consumers sell books and much more through Facebook. Here are tips to setup a profitable Author Facebook Page.
- Page Banner: Create a Facebook banner displaying books in a creative setting.
- Profile Photo: Use an eye-catching author image. The best images are author photo, book cover, or logo.
- Link Social Media: Link Twitter, Instagram, and other social media accounts to the Facebook Page. This reduces posting time and allows tagging images.
- Facebook Shop: Create a Facebook Shop on author pages, linking to the author’s PayPal account. Note: Check PayPal every other day. Currently, there is no alert when an item sells.
- Tag Products/People: tag people, tag pages, locations, organizations, and tag products in posts. Mobile devices limit the amount of tagging. Advanced features like product tagging are available online by “editing posts.” Once a Facebook Shop is created authors can tag previously posted images on their page.
- Post Content: “Book Titles!” in quotes and punctuated properly. Authors are writers and must keep posts as professional as possible.
Not all images appear correctly on multiple platforms. Test everything created on multiple devices: phones, tablets, and computers. Visit Mark Wayne Adams Books & Illustrations Facebook Page for a author page example. If this article helped, Like my Facebook Page and Share this article with fellow authors.