- Workshop Title: Children’s Books: Illustration & Marketing
- Instructor: Mark Wayne Adams, CEO MWA, Inc., FAPA President
- Date: Saturday, April 11, 2015
- Time: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Location: 110 West Railroad Avenue, Dawson Springs, KY 42408
- Price: $50.00
Award-winning author, illustrator, and publisher Mark Wayne Adams shares principles for producing successful children’s books. Learn personalized techniques to increase sales at festivals, schools, bookstores, and even lunch!
Receive valuable insight, marketing techniques, and a dynamic presentation about illustrations. Discussion covers the importance of cover art, how to work with an illustrator (including costs), rights needed for reproduction, and an overview of services professional illustrators provide.
- How to find, contract, and work with illustrators
- Value and importance of illustrations and cover art
- Rights for reproduction of illustrations
- How to incorporate educational illustration resources
- How to extend the reading experience with illustrations
- Incorporating marketing through illustrations
This class is for teachers, writers, authors, illustrators, and publishers interested in children’s book publishing. Laptops, iPads, and/or tablets are not required. Wifi access is provided. Participants receive an interactive course pdf with resource links to topics discussed.
Class size is LIMITED to 15 people. Register early to reserve a seat!