Mark was inspired to chase his entrepreneurial dream in the 3rd grade, selling drawings to classmates. Creating books and inspiring others has always been his passion. Mark’s ability to produce quality illustrations at a fast pace and dedication to mentor others has made MWA, Inc. both successful and unique. In the past five years, his authors have won over 50 book awards and he continues to create new, successful products annually.
Mark contributes his talents and time to the community locally and nationally. He promotes reading and writing via public speaking engagements, book signings, and participation in book events from Florida to the Northeastern United States. He has been recognized through the Kentucky Governor’s School for the Arts, KACo (KY Assoc. of Counties), FAPA Board, SCBWI, IBPA, and national book awards. He also volunteers his talents to the Kids Need to Read annual calendar and donates books to various organizations.
Book Awards & Associations:
★ Eli’s Balloon
★ Polly and Her Pigtails
★ Johari’s Joy
★ The Little Skunk Who Was Afraid to Stink
★ Jadyn and the Magic Bubble, Kenya! Kenya!
★ Jadyn and the Magic Bubble, I Met Gandhi!
★ Florida Authors and Publishers Association Founders Award recipient 2017.
★ Official judge of the Readers’ Favorite Illustration Award 2013–2015.
★ Florida Authors and Publishers Association Board Member to President 2009–2017.
★ Marlene M. Helm Alumni Achievement Award for contributions to the arts in the Kentucky community and service to the Kentucky Governor’s School for the Arts. — 2011
★ Independent Book Publishers Association Since 2008.
★ SCBWI (Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators) since 2009.
★ Storytellers of Central Florida members range from novice to professionals.
★ 2008 Best of Show, Life in Altamonte City Magazine – Winner in the landscape photo division.
- “DOWN UNDER: Kussins”—M. W. Adams
- “OUTBACK: Bothers & Sinisters”—M. W. Adams
- “Nicolás, ¡eso es ridículo!”—Christa Carpenter
- “Juliana, ¡eso son tonterías!”—Christa Carpenter
- “Dolly Becomes a Scout”—Kay Whitehouse
- “Thanksgiving: Fly on the Wall Series”—Linda Smigaj
- “A Hand Truck Named Dolly”—Kay Whitehouse
- “Floppanopolis”—John Hope
- “Mayflower: Fly on the Wall Series”—Linda Smigaj
- “Theo and the Penny Candy Store”—Debra Latiolais
- “Little Miss Grubby Toes, Steps on a Bee!”—Eddie Price
- “Mighty Madeline”—Julie Watling
- “Kilpatrick McMurray McFrown”—Sarah Sproles
- “Eli’s Balloon”—Candace Ruffin
- “Franny Finds a Home”—Crystal White
- “Frozen Floppies”—John Hope
- “Parts of Speech Parade, New York City”—Irina Dolinskiy
- “Johari’s Joy”—Carol Hensel
- “Franny’s Rescue”—Crystal White
- “Polly and Her Pigtails”—Debra Latiolais
- “County Government Activity Book”—Kentucky Association of Counties
- “Nicholas, That’s Ridiculous! A Story About Being a Boy”—Christa Carpenter
- “Jilli, That’s Silly! A Story About Being a Girl”—Christa Carpenter
- “Pop the Bubbles, 1-2-3”—Jen Goble
- “My Friendly Giant”—Lauri Rubinstein
- “My Friendly Giant, Playing Along the Cliff Walk”—Lauri Rubinstein
- “The Little Skunk Who Was Afraid to Stink”—Brielle Kelley
- “The Border Patrol is Born”—Toni Zufelt
- “Scribble Dee Sophie: A Story for Young Artists and Their Parents”—Karen Spruill
- “Teddy Tales: The Adventures of a Rescue Puppy and His Friends”—Karen Spruill
- “King for a Day, the Story of Stories”—Mark Wayne Adams
- “Best Sketchbook”—Mark Wayne Adams
- “Good NightMare”—Mark Wayne Adams
- “Miss Mary’s Missing Book Bag”—Mark Wayne Adams
- “Field of Dreams”—Mark Hoog
- “Treasure Island”—Mark Hoog
- “The Belly Button Fairy”—Bobbie Hinman
- “The Fart Fairy”—Bobbie Hinman
- “The Freckle Fairy”—Bobbie Hinman
- “G.B. Duck’s Autobiography”—Chip Tullar
- “Lu and the Earth Bug Crew, Zap the Energy Spikes”—Derek Sabori
- “Jadyn and the Magic Bubble, I Met Gandhi!”—Brigitte Benchimol
- “Jadyn and the Magic Bubble, Kenya Kenya!”—Brigitte Benchimol
- “Guinea in My Cap?”—Wanda Hughes
- “Shanti the Yogi”—Spirit Voyage Music
- “The McGregor’s and Me”—David Garrett
- “The Little Orange Salamander”—Dolores J. Mazzeo
- “The Nerds”—Beverly Webel
- “Dogs of the Caribou and Other Stories”—Mary Gentry
- “Frank an’ Me”—Robert Wolley
- “Rainbow Bridge & Other Stories”—Doris Church
- “Cultural Cancer, Restoring Social Health”—Dale J. Hyland
- “The Gift of the Animals”—Doris Church
- “The Magical Forest”—Kristen Mason